Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Success

I said

I'm tired of all the bad

dreams at night

messing with my sleep

my soul

She asked

what is their message

I'm a failure

I said

She asked

What is your defination

Of success

I said

I don't have one

I've tried to live out

my mother's dreams

So what's going on here?

Why the angst?

Questions of normal

Questions of success

Questions of purpose

Who am I

Who do you want to be?

Purple rose wilting

Room painted white

Conversation takes

a turn

Smoke blowing around my ass

Who am I

that needs to be revealed

See and be seen

Who takes the time

to hear the hummingbird

from the crowded street below

or watch a pelican grace

the salt air

Where do I end

and nature begin?

It's all around you

calling your name

Who am I

to care

Who am I

to love you

Who am I

to dream?

2 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

That was great! How come more people don't comment?

8:02 PM  
Blogger Brett said...

That was Jennifer, actually

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home